You have been scheduled for (or may have already undergone) microsurgery. It is a major and delicate operation involving work on very small arteries, veins and nerves. Your cooperation before as well as after surgery is essential to maximize the chance of success of this operation.
- No smoking. Ideally, you should not smoke for a couple of months before surgery. You should also avoid rooms full of smoke.
- No coffee, tea or chocolate for a couple of days.
- Avoid injury to your skin in the areas of proposed surgery.
After Surgery (for at least 3 weeks):
- Keep warm at all times and avoid drafts.
- No smoking. Avoid rooms full of smoke.
- No coffee, tea or chocolate.
- Avoid mental sress, anxiety, or getting upset.
- Take your prescribed medications faithfully.