Dressing Changes (Acetic Acid)
Your wound requires frequent dressing changes:
- Soak your bandages off in warm water or hydrogen peroxide.
- Clean your wound with hydrogen peroxide. Alcohol may be used around the wound but do not allow alcohol into your wound.
- Place a sterile gauze soaked in ¼ % acetic acid on your wound and hold this in place with a bandage.
- Repeat the above procedure when the acetic acid dries out or ____ times daily.
- Do not allow the bandages to stay dry for any length of time.
- ¼ % Acetic Acid (Vinegar) Recipe
- – 1 part vinegar to 20 parts water –
- Boil 1 quart of water and allow to cool
- Add 4 tablespoons of white vinegar